Sunday, June 3, 2012

Little Susie Home Maker's Baked Hake or Cod

Baked Hake Fish Recipe
Recently, I came across some beautiful Hake fish filets. They are considered a white fish and said to be similar to Cod with a mild flavor. Being sure to include fish in our diet is a great way to increase our cardiovascular health and good brain function. So please, count me in!

When it comes to cooking fish. I always love to oven-fry mine. Here is my recipe that I use to oven-fry these wonderful fish fillets. Please feel free to substitute your favorite fish in this recipe!

Susie Home Maker's Baked Hake (Cod)

4 Hake or cod fillets
Juice of 1 lemon, (or lemon juice in a little yellow plastic squeeze container)
4 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp olive oil
4 cloves garlic
3/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup mayonnaise

Preheat oven to 400* F
Place butter, olive oil and 2 cloves of crushed garlic in a small saucepan over simmer. 
Slowly melt butter while stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile, rinse and pat dry the fish fillets with paper towels. 
After the fillets are dried, cover them with lemon juice on both sides. 
Pour the melted butter mixture into a pie plate or shallow dish. 
Next, saturate the fish well with the butter mixture.
In another shallow dish that is filled with the bread crumbs, 
place the fish fillet and turn to coat evenly.
Then you can place the fillets onto a shallow baking pan
 that is coated with about 1-2 Tbsp oil.
Repeat with remaining fish fillets.
 In a small bowl add mayonnaise, pepper, salt 
and remaining 2 cloves crushed garlic and mix together.
Spoon mixture onto the top of the fish fillets on pan.
You can leave this mayo mixture off, 
but this adds a lot of flavor to the mild fish, so I slather it on!
Place into oven and bake for 20 minutes. 
Fillets should be flaky and golden.

Serve on a favorite platter. 
This goes well with a wild rice and roasted veggies, and a simple green salad!


My family loves this dish.
I hope that you will try it. 
Do you like to include fish in your weekly dinner menu?

Blessings,
Little Susie Home Maker

29 comments:

  1. Your fish looks delicious! I try to include fish once or twice a week! I love how quick and easy it is to prepare :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to include fish in your diet...looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of Hake fish. I do love Cod. What a great recipe that I must try.
    Thanks for sharing.
    blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the recipe, it sounds terrific!!

    chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks yummy susie, I have never heard of this fish. We do enjoy fish but not once a week. We should eat it more often. Usually it's Salmon, halibut, or Talapia. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy!! Thanks for the recipe!! Have a lovely week! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. We eat a lot of fish, thank you for sharing this yummy recipe. Hugs and wishes for a beautiful week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susie,
    This looks so good. A nice change of pace. Thank you for sharing.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks good, Susie. I've never tried anything other than Mrs. Pauls or tilapia. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The only 'meat' we eat is fish. We were vegetarians for quite a few years, then decided to add fish to our diet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks delish !Thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks so great, I bookmarked it, I am thinking of trying it on chicken? I can't imagine it would not work, wish me luck i am going to make it for company on Friday. I love everything in it! Thank you!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks delicious Susie, thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mmmm looks delicious! - thanks for popping by my blog and leaving a lovely comment. Karima

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, that looks yummy!
    I wanted to thank you for the birthday wishes on my blog. I'm glad you enjoyed some of my vintage card collection.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well Hi There! I'm so glad you stopped by my blog, and thank you so much for the VERY KIND words! I've just been perusing your little ol' bloggie and have bookmarked some recipes, your meatloaf and chicken pot pie for SURE :)

    Glad we found each other! Have a wonderful week :)

    xo Patrice

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds delicious. Congratulations on your awards too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Susie my iPad hates blogger don't know if you got the last comment but your fish looks awesome for a Sunday dinner. Have a great Thursday. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm not one for fish myself, but it does look delicous and I know my husband & kids would love it! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks delish! We are trying to eat more fish these days so will have to give it a try.
    Thanks for stopping by, Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  21. This looks terrific, Susie. Would love for you to share it at The All Star Block Party on my blog. By posting there, you will be seen on 4 other blogs too!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks good. I just might have to try it! Thanks for linking up to the All Star Block Party!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  23. Mmmmmmm, that actually looks good and I'm not a huge fish eater. I might even try it! Thanks for stopping by and leaving the nice comment. I am so looking forward to finishing everything up and finally getting back to sewing! Have a great weekend!!!
    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Susie, just wanted to hop back and say thanks for linking this yummy recipe up.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  25. Susie,
    It is about lunchtime here and seeing your fish dish is making me really hungry! I occasionally fry fish and have been wanting to try something different! Now I know just what recipe that I want to try! Thank you for sharing it with us! I am going to save it in my recipe file! Have a happy Saturday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. mmmm this looks yummy, Susie! My family loves eating fish and I like trying new recipes. Thanks for sharing your delicious recipe, must give it a try. I appreciate your sweet visit and lovely comment. Always enjoy having you over. Happy Sunday to you!Hugs,Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello dear friend!
    Stopped by to say hi and leave a hug.
    Your fish looks delicious!
    Be blessed one week. Ok?
    Luciana

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am so hungry for fish! This sounds good!

    ReplyDelete

I would love for you to leave me a comment. All you need is OpenID or to sign into your Google account and you can! Thank you!

Valentine Swap 2017

 Don't you think Valentine swaps are fun? I sure do. Vivian had a nice big swap year That I signed up for and my partner was Cindy fro...