Monday, March 26, 2012

Blustery Day & Journal Swap




What a blustery day! 
The kind that reminds me of Pooh Bear and his friends hanging on for dear life! 

The wind has been blowing in tumble weeds from 3 counties over today! And the dust is flying for sure. Not the prettiest of Spring days. Sure to stir up some allergies.

 Living out on the plains, I never feel too comfortable when these Spring winds and storms kick up. But I did manage to go outside and un-stick piles of tumbleweeds from the bases of the bushes.


Be free tumbleweeds! It's kinda fun!


I been working on a little quilt project for a swap.
 I have never done any kind of quilting and decided this would be a fun way to wet my feet.
I love to visit all my blogger buddies blogs that quilt and look at their talent.

is the Swap Mama of this fun swap. 
She has the greatest blog so you must go visit her!
She set me up with my partner
Another great quilter that I can learn so much from!
Please visit her as well.

Now look at this pretty journal covered in a little chicken theme!
Karen sure figured out what would make me smile from ear to ear, Yes this is such an adorable cover.
She made this block of the hen and it is way too cute!
Don't you just love the fabrics? Great color choices, Karen!
Yes, that is chicken wire print.
Oh, my!!!

 Look at the print on the back. A chicken yard!
Thank you Karen, you are so sweet.
I just love my chicken themed Journal Cover!!
I want to show a picture of the cover that I made for her as well!
I am really proud of myself,
because this is my first time piecing and hand quilting!
Karen was so encouraging to me on this swap project!


 And here is a picture of the inside.
Thank you both Cheryll and Karen!
I really enjoyed this project and the swap!

Many Blessings,
Little Susie Home Maker

15 comments:

  1. Just as you are uncomfortable with wind storms on the plains, I get uncomfortable when we get too much rain. Too much rain can equal big flooding problems, since we live in a very low elevation level.

    At any rate, those hand quilted journals are adorable! I really love that little yellow chicken! Unfortunately, I don't have any talent when it comes to quilting. Actually, I've never tried it, but it looks complicated.

    Anyway, have a nice day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how fun Susie! Love the chicken! It is just so you!! The project you made is so cute also. Looks like you caught on fast and did a great job! I am just mailing a small tote for a swap I did with The Tattered Chick. This is only the third swap I've done, but sure is fun!
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  3. That chicken is cute! Great job on your quilting efforts. I know it's a lot to take on when just starting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that Chicken themed cover is amazing - lucky you! I love what you created too, well done it looks fab! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww :) You are harboring a bunch of quilt talent, I just know it. Use my journal every day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cover you made is very pretty. Quilting is something I would like to try one day too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love them both Susie. Great job. What a fun swap idea. Have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are super cute! cute swap.
    I followed your link through Jennifer's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, I love the pics of Pooh and his friends. They have a very special place in my heart. Your little polka dot butterfly cover is just precious! I think you did a fantastic job for the first time, Suze. Far better than I could ever do. :~) And that chicken themed cover that Karen made is perfect for you! I'll have to pop by and check out her bog.
    Hope you have a truly lovely week!
    Hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. The quilted journal cover is sooo sweet. Thanks for sharing it with us.
    Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hats off to you I have never tried quilting! Your journal cover is darling. I have never seen a tumble weed in person, I guess they would be a pain if the attach to everything!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, you did such a nice job! :o) I don't know how to quilt but I enjoy seeing all the wonderful stitcher's creations on the blogs, maybe one day I will try my hand at it...Have a nice weekend! Hugs Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, what a cute swap!! YOu don't happen to know where she got the chickenyard fabric from?? Would love to purchase some of that if I could find it.
    ~~Dorothy

    ReplyDelete

I would love for you to leave me a comment. All you need is OpenID or to sign into your Google account and you can! Thank you!

Valentine Swap 2017

 Don't you think Valentine swaps are fun? I sure do. Vivian had a nice big swap year That I signed up for and my partner was Cindy fro...