Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Our Tags are Swapped!


It's time to share with my blog the Christmas Tag Swap 2011 that Sue over at It's a Very Cherry World  hosted! Thank you, Sue! What fun this has been. My partner in this was the wonderful, Deb of Garage Sale Gal! Deb is an amazing person and I love her blog, so if you haven't checked it out, I really hope you do, and tell her I said "Hi"!

Now for the fun! We set out in November to start making a tag that we would swap with our partners. I had never read Deb's blog before, but quickly knew she had a blog to follow. I found out that Deb is an avid collector of antiques and vintage finds. She also, has a love for her dear family pet dogs. She has several pictures posted on her blog of family Pets.

I wanted to make her tag personal, so I used these as clues to how I would  design her gift tag. But I will show you my results later. Now, our packages had been mailed to each other, and I was getting nervous about our exchange. You know, the good kinda nervous, where you just can't wait. Then finally it happened, and I got my pretty little package in the mail! Oh, it was so pretty wrapped in a golden angelic Christmas wrapping paper with the mailing label on top! My it is already looking good!



I opened the box with anticipation, and wow! Look at this beautiful little tag! Jesus is the Reason for the Season.

It has been stamped and embossed in the stunning golden and green glitter. And a pretty ribbon. It looks elegant and I am very pleased! But look.. it is resting on top of white glitter tissue paper.

I fold back the tissue paper to reveal what is inside..
A little box of treasures, with this nice note from my new friend, Deb.
And look at all the vintage goodies.. a Santa and a Snowman cupcake topper!
I will play house with these and the white glitter Church ornament, and a little tree from a snow scene!
A really charming old Nativity Christmas card, and a beautiful Christmas ornament of a church. A vintage Christmas post card, too.
Now here is a special tag. This must be the special one!
If you look close here there is a little pin tack of some chickadees on a sprig of holly.
Now isn't that a clever idea?
I love chickadees! Some of my favorite little buddies just outside my window every day!
The tag background is a gold embossed doily, with red gems in each corner!

The pretty gem studded Christmas tree and the Merry Christmas banner are raised for a 3-D effect!
Very Nice!
The tie is a red, green and gold cord with tassel.
Elegant! Deb, it's just great.
Oh, look.. a tag that Deb made from an old vintage Christmas print of a snow man. Isn't he cute!

There are some chocolate goodies. Yummy!!
There is a oh so pretty little vintage Poinsettia handkerchief. Isn't the most delightful handkerchief?

As I start to reveal all that is in the box, I am so overwhelmed with the kindness that she has shared with me.
Deb has taken the time to really put an effort into our swap, and I am thrilled with the tags and other goodies she has included for me.

Deb, you are so kind, Thank You! Thank you So very much. You have made me happy.

I am really hoping that Deb is going to like my swap that I sent to her. We can check out what she thinks over at her blog, Garage Sale Gal.

But here is a sneak peek...

Merry Christmas to all!
Blessings,
Little Susie Home Maker

4 comments:

  1. Hi Susie,
    Aww...you make me blush... :) It was fun to put together a little package for you along with the tag. I really Loved our swap and the tag, birdie and chocolates are all so appreciated!
    Love the Christmas look of your blog!
    Merry Christmas!
    Deb :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun, wasn't it! Thanks so much!
    Blessings,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice post friend...thank you for sharing...wish i could visit everyone more frecuently but are many..and the hours are different but prayers and blessings on your way..lets remember the real reason for the holidays..days of peace love and thinking...loves from our home to yours...maranatha..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Score! What lovely treasures. Your tags are just beautiful. This was a very fun swap.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete

I would love for you to leave me a comment. All you need is OpenID or to sign into your Google account and you can! Thank you!

Valentine Swap 2017

 Don't you think Valentine swaps are fun? I sure do. Vivian had a nice big swap year That I signed up for and my partner was Cindy fro...